Sunday, October 17, 2010

Preparing for Halloween

So, I am getting ready for Halloween (and a good friend's party) and trying to get my costume all put together. This year, I am going to be a flower. I made a huge tutu skirt with fuchsia, light pink, salmon, and purple tulle. I then made a pattern out of tissue paper for the petals and altered them slightly so they look a little more organic. I'm adding kelly green leggings and flip flops and a fuchsia tank top. This will all be topped off with a headband (which of course, I added glitter to) with a big pink flower on top. 

I was going back and forth about what to do with my makeup, and trying to decide if I want to go bright pink or bright green. With the urging of makeup guru and dear friend Stefanie, I decided to go bright green. I will be creating a modified version of this:
Here are the products I will be using for the eyes:

Bare Escentuals Eye Shimmer in

Oz- a beautiful emerald/ turquoise color.
Envy- a shimmery light lime green with tiny blue bits of shimmer. This over Oz is stunning.
Enlightened- a sparkly gold highlight, perfect for over the other two and as a highlight on other parts of the face. Bonus- part of the proceeds go to Leukemia/Lymphoma.

Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Pure- sparkles for just about anywhere, but they make a beautiful highlight.

Just thought I would share in the case that anyone is looking for fun green makeup for Halloween, or anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment