Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day Eight: Playing Favorites

Instead of commenting on the topic of "playing favorites", I decided instead to name some of my the items I play favorites with. I try not to do it with people, but I figured I would use this space to discuss the things I love most. 


As a child, one of my favorite vacations we took when my parents were still married was a road trip to this park for a family reunion. My grandparents gave me a little package to open each day of the trip, usually containing a puzzle and some sort of treat (like chocolate teddy grahams). I have such wonderful memories of that vacation. Of course, trips to this park never hurt either. I will never, ever get tired of visiting the happiest place on earth. 

I have to also mention my three favorite authors: Nick McDonellSophie Kinsella/Madeleine Wickham, and Jane Austen. Vastly different, but equally entertaining. I'd highly recommend reading something by each of them, if not their entire bodies of work. Honorable mention goes to Richard Price and Saul Bellow, because they wrote The Wanderers and Mr. Sammler's Planet, respectively and those are wonderful books. I could name authors all day, so I have to move on.


I also have to mention some musicians here, because what blog of favorites by me wouldn't mention at least a few. Here are the best of the best- for today at least (I know I am leaving many, many out):
Jason Mraz, Vampire Weekend, Marc Broussard, Queen, Nick Drake, Eric Hutchinson, and James Taylor. Favorite music TV series of course goes to Glee, and if you don't watch it, you really should. 


I have to also mention my love for oversized sunglasses, the smell of fresh rain, grammar, and etiquette.


Here are a few photos of my favorite people (even though I said I wouldn't). 



I cannot end this post without highlighting my love of all things glittered and/or shoelike (see the photo of the sparkly Louboutin above). Below is one of the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment